Introducing Northstar Truck Driving School’s new world class truck driving simulator, one of the only in south-western Ontario. This new tool gives us the ability to provide best in class training at any level of instruction and when combined with hands on driving in real vehicles it can give you the edge you need to be successful in a very competitive field.
Our truck driving simulator enhances initial driver training, periodic training and driver assessments allowing you to conduct practical real-world training on different terrains and for different road and atmospheric conditions. Simulation is one of the most effective ways to practice driving manoeuvres. Widely used in aviation, health services and military applications, driving simulators make it possible to expose your drivers to risky situations in a safe, controlled environment, so they can develop the confidence and intuition you will need on the job.
Our simulator includes:
- Real truck parts
- Full simulation of virtually any type of heavy vehicle from dump trucks to highway tractor-trailer and semi-trailer applications
- Automatic and manual transmission, including the simulation of the popular Eaton-Fuller 10-13-15 and 18 speed non-synchronized transmission with realistic force feedback and vibrations on the gear shift lever
- High fidelity visual scenes with a virtual 360 degree view from the driver’s seat (180 degree forward field of view and rear-view mirrors) using the latest LCD high resolution display technology
- Adjustable instrumentation for maximum flexibility and adaptability, allowing the rapid selection of different truck configurations without changing hardware
- A multi-function touch display for a wide range of truck driver controls and applications
- Realistic steering wheel behaviour based on actual measurements of the forces acting on the wheel during turns
- Realistic responses from the clutch, gas and brake pedals based on actual vehicle measurements
Here is a great article about how simulators can benefit you.